Thursday, October 7, 2010

Looking for Something?

It has recently come to my attention that despite the fact that I have recently entered the stay-at-home-mom phase of my Montessori life and therefore am not actively using this blog at the moment, it still gets traffic.

Many people seem to be finding us through internet searches on various Montessori topics, or referring here from lists of Montessori blogs.

Since I am trying to remain current on Montessori topics, and trying to apply Montessori philosophy to life at home with my infant, and I do plan to return to the classroom eventually, I definitely still enjoy discussing Montessori.  I find the whole method and its application in the classroom very exciting, which is, of course, why I went to training in the first place.  That said, if you came looking for specific information, or discussion on a certain topic, feel free to add your question in the comments here.  If I feel that I have insight to offer, I'll gladly write on the topic you request, or answer your question privately via email.  If I don't have what you're looking for, I will do my best to direct you to a place online that does, assuming I know of one.  You can also find my email in my blogger profile (accessed by clicking my photo on the right-hand side of this page).  I'm always happy to hear from other Montessorians and the Monte-curious!

8 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Leptir said...

Thanks for information! I look forward to read your Montessori posts in the future :-)

Take care!

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

I am so excited to find your blog. I just came over from ohdeardrea! I absolutely love the Montessori mindset so I am psyched to find a blog that can keep me up to date on it!

Excited to start following ya!
And congrats on that sweet little baby!

Kim nguyen said...

I love Montessori but I'm a new mom and I was wondering how to incorporate it with everyday life w my infant. I would greatly appreciate it if you made a post about that too ;)

melissa said...

Thanks for your comment, Kim! Have you seen my mama blog, The New Mommy Files? You might find some value in the posts in my Montessori category over there, as I show and discuss how I apply Montessori principles to life with my now eighteen month old. :) Hope that helps!

Me said...

For one, I'll tell you how people are (probably) finding their way here: http://www.blogs.com/topten/10-popular-montessori-living-blogs/

Secondly, I have a question. I am a homeschooler with children 7, 4, and 1, and trying to apply the Montessori method. I've read some books that help me with my toddler and I try to apply Montessori principles with my older kids as well, but I am in need of some curriculum, books, etc, that will tell me how to use the Montessori method with my older kids. What would you suggest? I am not at a time in my life to pursue official Montessori training, but I need as much knowledge as I can get. If you could email me and let me know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am Catalina and I am very passionate about the Montessori method. Unfortunatelly I have never had to take care of any child, so, i don't know how to answer to the question: do you like to work with children? All i know is that i love this method and the idea of contributing to a great development for children incites me a lot. I was just wondering though if I was the right person to become a Montessori Teacher (3-6). Would you (could you) formulate a few questions for me to answer maybe as a guide to discover if I am meant to do a job like this? Thank you!