Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Math!

I have been struggling to apply all I know and believe from working in Montessori to the somewhat strained fourth grade DoD school situation I suddenly found myself in the middle of. I adore this group of children, and I want them to learn as much as they possibly can, and I know and have seen how children learn best. It's really tough to know that the methods I'm using are not the best methods I could use, and to keep using them anyway. I do my best, they do their best, and I'm enjoying it and taking it day by day, but oh how I want to do more! I came up with some exciting ideas this week, finally, that pull from my Montessori background and I have put them into action. It has been fun! I took quite a few photos today and I'm excited to get some time to upload them and tell you all about it this weekend!

Oh, and I'm 27 weeks pregnant today -- it's a girl!! : ) Hard to believe ...

2 comments:

Leptir (NataĊĦa) said...

Melissa, I'm glad you're back ;-) I can't wait to see your photos

Annicles said...

You'll believe it soon enough!!!

I am sure you can find a way through the hoops the mainstream system makes you jump through. I would love to see the photos.